Whether it’s the first or fourth baby (or maybe fifth), having a newborn child can be challenging for moms. While striking a family-life balance is always the intention of moms everywhere, it’s often trickier than it seems. Especially with a newborn.
Keeping the house organized, mouths fed, taking care of the kids, and staying productive with work is a tough balancing act, and these are just the tip of the iceberg. Here are ways to help new moms in your life avoid chaos.
1. Offer your time for errands or household chores. Everyone is busy in life. New moms are especially busy. Any help from outside hands, whether for chores or errands, is a welcomed gesture.
2. Be a babysitter. For families with multiple kids, you never seem to have enough hands. Offer new moms your time and help them watch the little one(s). This will give mom a much-needed break or time for her to run some personal errands.
3. Bring the kids outside. Don’t have time to dedicate towards hours of babysitting? No problem. Offer mom just a little time. Take the kids outside or to a nearby park. Even 30 minutes of a break can feel like a lifetime of luxurious downtime for a new mom.
4. Schedule a massage. Afford the new mom some tranquility. Schedule the new mom in your life some time to get some relaxation and quiet with a massage.
5. Cook or send a meal. New moms are busy putting the baby’s priorities first. Sometimes, that can leave mom hungry and eager for a home-cooked meal. Whip up a delicious meal and drop it off hot for mom so she can get some much-needed nutrition. Don’t have time to cook yourself? No problem. Spoonful of Comfort can deliver soup so you can help mom while keeping your time open.