Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and if you’re like us, you’re looking for a card that perfectly captures how you feel about your mother, grandmother, or even your best Mom-friend who helps keep you sane in times of chaos.
If the standard greeting cards aren’t cutting it and you need a little inspiration for writing your own heartfelt message, we’re here to help. We’ve gathered together our favorite Mother’s Day quotes for every type of mom—from the ambitious mom boss to the new mom just trying to figure out how to get her kid to eat something other than chicken nuggets. We know mothers come in many forms, so here’s to celebrating all of them.
1. “I got to grow up with a mother who taught me to believe in me.”
– Antonio Villaraigosa
2. “Give the one you love wings to fly, roots to come back, and a reason to stay.“
– Dalai Lama
3. “…Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark.”
– J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
4. “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.”
~ Barbara Kingslover
5. “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.”
~ Oprah Winfrey
6. “A mother is she who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can take.“
~ Cardinal Mermillod
7. “A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.”
~ Dorothy Canfield Fisher
8. “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.“
~ Robert Browning
9. “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?“
~ Milton Berle
10. “A mother is the one who fills your hear in the first place.”
~ Amy Tan
Of course, no Mother’s Day would be complete without a good meal and a treat. So, if you’re far away from home this year, send Mom a Spoonful of Comfort Care Package along with her card, and secure your status as the favorite child for one more year. Whether you choose our Rise and Shine gift basket or go with our classic Soup and Sentiments option, we guarantee Mom will feel the love.