No matter who you are or how sick you may be, nothing quite says “feel better soon” than receiving a carefully thought out gift. And while it’s easy to treat your bestie with a little something extra, the men in your life also need a little extra love when they’re not feeling their best. To help your favorite guy get through a nasty cold or a recent surgery, try sending one of these ten get well gifts for men:
Gifts for Him in the Hospital
Surgery is tough on anyone, but it shouldn’t limit the gifts you can give to your family member, friend, or coworker. If you have a buddy who has recently undergone surgery and want to give a meaningful gift to him while he’s recovering at the hospital, consider these gifts:
1. Service – For someone in the hospital or at home in recovery, helping out with errands may be the best gift you can give. Whether it’s folding laundry or picking up the mail, try lending a helping hand as a get well gift.
2. Entertainment – If your loved one has a favorite movie, book, music genre, or game, there’s no better way to kill time in a hospital than with a gift that provides a little entertainment. Many people recovering from surgery have a lot of downtime, leaving you with a lot of options.
Fun Idea: Pay for a subscription for a month or two to a favorite television channel, magazine, or streaming channel.
3. Comfort – If he’s a first-time patient at a hospital, giving the gift of comfort will go a long way. Those familiar with hospital rooms well know of the scratchy sheets, cold air, and food that is less than thrilling. Make his room comfortable with a new robe, his favorite pillow from home, fresh clothes, and a pair of slippers.
4. Balloons – Who doesn’t love balloons? If you’re unsure what gift to bring or what is allowed, drop by the gift shop for a get well balloon.
Gifts After Surgery (At Home)
If you missed sending a get well gift while your family member or friend was in the hospital, consider giving one of the best get well gifts for men: delivery.
5. Delivery – A gift delivered from your friend’s favorite places is the perfect way to say “get well soon.” Whether it’s a meal or a gift basket, getting men’s get well gifts delivered right to your door is unbeatable.
6. Pay a Visit – If giving a gift in person is more your style, consider giving him the gift of company. Whether it’s playing the video game he’s been eyeing lately or chatting over a favorite drink or late-night snack, sometimes company is all that’s needed.
7. A Good Book – If he loves to read, he may enjoy a new novel. Whether it’s a short read or a page-turner, consider giving him a book that you know he won’t be able to put down. Check out some of these classic novel suggestions:
• The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
• Band of Brothers by Stephen E. Ambrose
• Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer
• The Call of the Wild by Jack London
• To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
• On the Road by John Kerouac
Gifts During Sickness
No one likes getting sick, whether it’s the flu or a common cold, it’s no one’s picnic. For men who are sick, there are some great ways to show that you care. Here are some get well gifts for men that will brighten any sick day:
8. Get Well Card – Show you care for him with a handwritten card. Whether it has a little comedy flair or the traditional “Get Well Soon,” it’s sure to make their day a little brighter.
9. Soup – Eating a delicious bowl of hot soup can do wonders for those who are feeling under the weather. With soup delivery now an option for most places, it can be a delicious way to say you care. Chicken noodle soup has been known to help fight colds, clear nasal congestion, and has anti-inflammatory properties in it as well.
If you’re wondering what you can send a man instead of flowers and are looking for more get well gift ideas, check out our ultimate gift guide with 103 unique ideas today.