Macaroni and cheese has to be, hands down, among the best homemade comfort foods. Kids love it and adults love it. Plus, it’s easy to make. In under an hour, you’ll be relishing the tenderness of perfectly cooked pasta enveloped in a rich creamy cheese sauce.
In the mood for cooking some homemade mac and cheese? Here are the ingredients.
• 1 package of 8 oz. macaroni noodle, cooked
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 4 tablespoons flour
• 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 cup milk
• 1 cup cream
• dash of salt
If you want to add some flair to your homemade mac and cheese, add 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs, too.
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F
2. Melt butter while preheating oven
3. Whisk together flour and salt
4. Blend together flour and melted butter
5. Slowly blend in the milk
6. Let the full mixture boil for 1 – 3 minutes, stirring constantly
7. Slowly add bits of cheese until it fully melts
8. Add in the macaroni noodles
9. Mix everything together
10. Spread butter onto a baking tray, dump the macaroni mixture into the tray
11. Top with breadcrumbs
12. Bake for 10 – 30 minutes, depending on preference of crunchiness