Not sure what to get Grandma for Mother’s Day?
With all the unconditional love, wisdom, cookies, and kisses that our grandmothers have given us over the years, sometimes it seems impossible to find the perfect Mother’s Day gift for Grandma. How can you show your deep gratitude with just one gift? What can you write in a card that will really express the entirety of your love and appreciation?
It’s not always easy, but luckily, grandmas aren’t very hard to please. With just a bit of thought and heartfelt intent, you can make your grandmother smile from ear to ear.
In this post, we’ve provided a great collection of Mother’s Day ideas for grandma for every age and budget.
What to Get Grandma for Mother’s Day
You’re never, ever too old or too young to show Grandma some love. Here are a few Mother’s Day gift ideas for grandmothers that can be given by every member of the family.
From the Grandchildren
Whether your kiddos are waddling in diapers or driving to school, Grandma is sure to appreciate a homemade Mother’s Day gift. There’s really no limit to what you can create with the right hands and a bin of craft supplies. Here are a few fantastic homemade gifts to help you come up with something she’ll adore.
- Hand-drawn Mother’s Day necklace by Kindergarten Chaos — a nice upgrade from the macaroni noodles.
- Thumbprint heart glass magnets on Rhythms of Play, a perfect gift idea for infants and toddlers.
- A clay dish in the shape of the grandchild’s handprint. Find simple instructions on Simple As That.
- Finger-painted flower pots for the grandmother who loves to garden.
- A photo calendar with sweet pictures of all the kids.
From the Adult Grandchildren
If you’re too old for hand-drawn necklaces and thumbprint magnets, step up your gift game with a lovely, mature gift with a personal touch. All of the gift ideas listed below can be given by an individual, as a couple, or as a group of grandkids with just a little coordination.
- A flower bouquet personalized with mini pictures of you, both of you, or your whole family.
- A scrumptious delivery of freshly-baked sweets paired with a sweet card.
- A classic mini photo album stuffed with memories of your time together. You can’t go wrong with an old-fashioned, physical collection of memories — as opposed to sending a quick Facebook slideshow.
- These charming and heartfelt glowing photo luminaries.
- A beautiful package filled with rich, creamy soup, fresh cookies, and soft bacci rolls from Spoonful of Comfort.
What Should I Write in My Grandma’s Mother’s Day Card?
Not sure what to write in Grandma’s Mother’s Day card? How can you summarize a lifetime of sweet memories, love, and sugar in just a paragraph or two? If you feel stuck, you’re probably overthinking it. Grandmas aren’t that complicated — all you need to do is show them some love.
For your Mother’s Day message, we suggest you make it personal. Write about your fondest memory, your favorite quality of hers, or all the reasons you’re grateful for her presence in your life.
“Happy Mother’s Day, Grandma” Quotes
If you’re not so great with writing your emotions in ink, feel free to draw inspiration from some of these perfect “Happy Mother’s Day, Grandma” quotes.
- “If nothing is going well, call your grandmother.” — Italian Proverb
- “I know what it is like to be brought up with unconditional love. In my life that came from my grandmother.” — Andre Leon Talley
- “There’s no place like home—except Grandma’s.” — Unknown
- “A grandmother is a remarkable woman. She’s a wonderful combination of warmth and kindness, laughter and love.” — Unknown
- “A grandma is warm hugs and sweet memories. She remembers all of your accomplishments and forgets all of your mistakes.” — Barbara Cage
What to Get Grandma for Mother’s Day
Hopefully, this list of Mother’s Day ideas for Grandma has given you the inspiration you need to come up with a heartfelt gift that will bring a smile to your sweet grandmother’s face.