If you take a close look at successful businesses, you’ll find that at the core is mutual respect and appreciation between company and client. The client appreciates good products and services, and the appreciation for clients who are loyal and trustworthy is just as important.
Client appreciation gifts are not only a thoughtful way to show you care but can also have multifaceted branding and marketing purposes. There are lots of ways to say “thank you.” Food gifts, concert tickets, or more personal items—creative client appreciation gifts can be fun and easy to order.
Client appreciation gifts help establish professional relationships, but more importantly, they strengthen existing ones.
In local small business-to-business interactions, it’s a little easier to show appreciation. You can drop off a plate of cookies you made or give them a bottle of wine on your next sales call. Even large corporations can have a personal touch with their creative gift-giving.
Simple Steps in Choosing Client Appreciation Gifts
Sending “just anything” isn’t a good client appreciation gift idea. Customized pens and keychains are great trinkets to hand out at your next convention. However, these items are more than likely clutter that will get shoved into a desk drawer if you send them to a client.
Employ these five steps to help you hone your gift-giving decisions:
- Consider Your Client. How long have you worked together? What is their type of business? Where are they located, and what is important to them?
- Make a List of Gift Ideas. Just let it flow, don’t rule anything out. Think big or small, make it silly, or pick a practical gift. The key is to make it meaningful.
- Gift-Giving Time. Thoughtful client appreciation gifts are always appreciated. Holidays, business anniversaries, and grand openings of new locations are good opportunities, but the surprise client appreciation gifts can make a big impact.
- Have It Shipped or Hand-Delivered? A personal visit is a great touch but not always possible. Order online and have it shipped; they’ll appreciate it just as much.
- What’s the Occasion? Did you meet a specific milestone with this client, like amount in sales or years in business together? Try to match the gift to the occasion.
5 Creative Client Appreciation Gifts
You want client gifts that stand out, so don’t be afraid to get creative! Here are five top ideas to get those creative juices flowing.
- Weekender Duffel Bags - Personalize them with their company name and logo.
- A Spoonful of Comfort Meal - Provide a delicious lunch or take-home dinner gift with a box of delicious soup, artisan rolls, and cookies.
- Coffee and Tea - Sign them up for a monthly subscription for various coffees and teas. Top it off with an espresso machine for the breakroom.
- Relaxation - Schedule a massage therapist for a day to do in-house massages at their workplace.
- Pampering Products - Send a gift box of bath bombs, all-natural soaps, lotions, and body spray.
“Thank You for Your Business” Messages
What you say is just as important as what you give—perhaps even more so. Business texting experts Avochato suggest excellent client appreciation messages like:
“We know the world is full of choices. Thank you for choosing us.”
“Thank you for your valued business. We value your trust and confidence in us and sincerely appreciate you.”
“Your commitment as a customer is much appreciated. We look forward to serving you again in the future.”
“We would like to thank excellent customers like you for your support. We couldn’t do it without you!”
“Thank you for putting your trust and confidence in our company. We won’t settle for anything less than the best for you!”
Consider a Corporate Account
Whether your business is big or small, a corporate account with Spoonful of Comfort can handle your gift-giving needs. Signing up for a corporate account is free and will give you personalized assistance to coordinate your client lists and gifts.