No matter who you are or how sick you may be, nothing quite says “feel better soon” than receiving a carefully thought out gift. And while it’s easy to treat your bestie with a little something extra, the men in your life also need a little extra love when they’re not feeling their best. To help your favorite guy get through a nasty cold or a recent surgery, try sending one of these nine get well gifts for men:
Read more fun and interesting articles about “Get Well Gift” ideas
- 103 Unique Get Well Gift Ideas [Your Ultimate Guide]
- Best Get Well Gifts for Men (Instead of Flowers) (➜ Currently Reading)
- QUIZ – Find your sick day movie match
- How To Write Get Well Messages for any occasion
➜ Order the nutritious & comforting Get Well Gift Care Package from Spoonful of Comfort!
What Gift to Send a Man in the Hospital?
Surgery is tough on anyone, but it shouldn’t limit the gifts you can give to your family member, friend, or coworker. If you have a buddy who has recently undergone surgery and want to give a meaningful gift to him while he’s recovering at the hospital, consider these gifts:
1. Service – For someone in the hospital or at home in recovery, helping out with errands may be the best gift you can give. Whether it’s folding laundry or picking up the mail, try lending a helping hand as a get well gift.
2. Entertainment – If your loved one has a favorite movie, book, music genre, or game, there’s no better way to kill time in a hospital than with a gift that provides a little entertainment. Many people recovering from surgery have a lot of downtime, leaving you with a lot of options.
Fun Idea: Pay for a subscription for a month or two to a favorite television channel, magazine, or streaming channel.
3. Comfort – If he’s a first-time patient at a hospital, giving the gift of comfort will go a long way. Those familiar with hospital rooms well know of the scratchy sheets, cold air, and food that is less than thrilling. Make his room comfortable with a new robe, his favorite pillow from home, fresh clothes, and a pair of slippers.
4. Balloons – Who doesn’t love balloons? If you’re unsure what gift to bring or what is allowed, drop by the gift shop for a get well balloon.
Get Well Gifts for a Man after Surgery (At Home)
If you missed sending a get well gift while your family member or friend was in the hospital, consider giving one of the best post surgery gifts for him that you can give: a delivery.
5. Delivery – A gift delivered from your friend’s favorite places is the perfect way to say “get well soon.” Whether it’s a meal or a gift basket, getting men’s get well gifts delivered right to your door is unbeatable.
6. Pay a Visit – If giving a gift in person is more your style, consider giving him the gift of company. Whether it’s playing the video game he’s been eyeing lately or chatting over a favorite drink or late-night snack, sometimes company is all that’s needed.
7. A Good Book – If he loves to read, he may enjoy a new novel. Whether it’s a short read or a page-turner, consider giving him a book that you know he won’t be able to put down. Check out some of these classic novel suggestions:
• The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
• Band of Brothers by Stephen E. Ambrose
• Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer
• The Call of the Wild by Jack London
• To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
• On the Road by John Kerouac
Gifts Ideas for a Sick Man
No one likes getting sick, whether it’s the flu or a common cold, it’s no one’s picnic. For men who are sick, there are some great ways to show that you care. Here are some get well gifts ideas for sick men that will brighten any day:
- Get Well Card. Show you care for him with a handwritten card. Whether it has a little comedy flair or the traditional “Get Well Soon,” it’s sure to make their day a little brighter. Add in a printed art piece or a drawing from a younger family member to help make the card extra special. You could even spray it with your scent to remind them of you every time they read it.
- Soup. Eating a delicious bowl of hot soup can do wonders for those who are feeling under the weather. With soup delivery now an option for most places, it can be a delicious way to say you care. Chicken noodle soup has been known to help fight colds, clear nasal congestion, and has anti-inflammatory properties in it as well.
- Slippers. Slippers are one of the perfect get well soon gifts for him. He’ll think of you every time he’s comfortably padding about the house in a cozy new pair of slides. Consider the weather when picking out slippers—a thick, furry pair will be best for colder months, while a light-weight sandal slipper will be better for summer.
- Weighted Blanket. Every man can appreciate a weighted blanket, which is like sleeping in a gentle hug. If you know a man who’s having trouble sleeping while sick, they’ll love this thoughtful luxury gift. Pick a eucalyptus weighted blanket if the weather is warm, or choose a cozy faux fur style for the depths of winter.
Get Well Baskets for Men
Sometimes one small gift just doesn’t seem like enough for a man who is sick. In this case, get well gift baskets for men may be the perfect option. By building a basket around a certain theme, you’ll be able to give several gifts and really show you know and care. Here are a few ideas for a get well basket for him.
- Beard Care Basket. Do you know a man with an impressive beard? He probably won’t want to let it run wild, even when he’s sick. A beard care basket is the perfect way to help him feel like himself when he’s recovering. Include items like beard oil, a beard trimmer, and a beard comb. He’ll have everything he needs to keep his beard in great shape while he’s sick.
- Camping Accessories Basket. Remind your guy of better times by gifting a camping accessories basket, complete with a pocket knife, s’mores kit, and flashlight. Add in a camping voucher and invite him to go spend a weekend in the great outdoors when he’s feeling better.
- Movie Night Basket. Sometimes a good distraction is all a man needs to feel better, even when under the weather. Create a movie night basket using a popcorn bowl, popcorn kernels, a cozy blanket, candy, a large cup, and his favorite drink. Then offer to come over and watch a movie with him sometime soon.
- Foodie Gift Basket. If your guy loves checking out the latest restaurants when he’s feeling well, you can give him the same excitement with a gourmet food basket. Fill the basket with interesting treats and snacks he can munch on when he has the appetite for it.
Get More Gift Ideas for Men
Wondering what you can send a man instead of flowers? Or maybe you’re looking for more get well gift ideas? If so, check out our ultimate gift guide with 103 unique ideas, order some nutritious and comforting soup as a get well gift, or check out our ultimate guide to unique Father’s Day gift ideas.