Thrilled to see a best friend walk down the aisle? She’s probably pretty excited too, which means there may be a few essentials she forgets the morning of the big day. Here’s where you come in: ever the thoughtful gifter, you arrive prepared with a pretty bag full of the wedding day essentials every bride needs to keep her big day joyful and completely stress-free.
Not only is this gift perfect for busy brides, it’s fun to make! With a few quick trips to your favorite retailers, (Hello, Target! Hello, Sephora!) you’ll be ready to gift any bride a little peace of mind— something she’ll treasure a lot longer than that blender from her registry. (Although maybe snag one of those too, smoothies are a key part of a successful marriage.)
Ready, set, bride! Everything you need for the perfect Bridal Survival Kit
- Bag: We found this pretty blush option at Target for under $10, but any medium sized cosmetic bag or clutch will work, just check for a snap or zipper to keep all your essentials in place.
- Mini Sewing Kit: Be prepared for any wardrobe emergencies with this cute kit from World Market.
- Hand cream: We love this light and easy scent, “White Peony” from World Market, perfect for keeping hands moisturized. Bonus point: the scent is subtle enough that a groom or nervous father of the bride just might borrow some too.
- Mints: e58080 Another World Market find. Mints are good. Cute mints are especially good.
Keep her make-up looking perfect with…
- Cotton Swabs: this travel kit from Target is perfect for touch-ups on the go.
- Travel size scissors and tweezers: we picked ours up in the make-up department at Target!
- Nail polish: the perfect neutrals for keeping her manicure fresh—OPI mini in clear, and “You’ve Got Natta On Me.” Find these anywhere OPI brand is sold, including Target, Ulta, and Sephora.
- Lip balm: Sephora’s “Fresh” helps lips stay kissable and won’t smudge her lipstick color.
- Travel Size Perfume: find a sample-size version of her favorite scent, one she’ll associate with happy memories long after the wedding festivities are over.