Try these delicious soup recipes for your Valentine’s Day dinner.
Roasted Beet Soup
This beet and carrot soup takes on a beautiful deep red shade—perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- Olive oil or canola oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 liter of chicken or beef stock
- 3-4 beets, roasted and peeled
- ½ tablespoon of red wine or balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Puree the soup with a hand-held immersion blender or in small batches in a regular blender. Serve hot. Garnish with sour cream.
Valentine Tomato Pasta Soup
If you’re in a hurry, this soup is a cinch to put together.
- 1 can of tomato basil soup, such as Progresso Vegetable Classics
- 1/3 cup of vermicelli, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ¼ cup water
- 2 slices of toast (whole wheat or white bread)
- Cheese spread in aerosol can
Cut the toast into heart shapes using a cookie cutter.
Top each bowl of soup with the heart-shaped cut of toast. Using the aerosol cheese, form the letter “I” on the left side of the toast and the letter “U” on the right side.
Enjoy a cozy, quiet Valentine’s Day dinner with healthy and flavorful bowls of soup.