Managing a successful business is no easy task. We know! Spoonful of Comfort started as a one-woman operation. And no matter the business size, you and your team put in long hours to stand out in your industry. One of the best ways to do it is actually one of the simplest: show clients that you sincerely appreciate their business. An appreciation gift idea doesn’t need to be complicated or something to overthink. We’ll show you what we mean. We’ve rounded up all the best customer appreciation gift ideas for you.
Stand Out By Going the Extra Mile
A timely and sincere customer appreciation gift is the best way to gain and keep a steady stream of clientele. It shows you think of your client as a real person with a real life. And sometimes, the gift doesn’t seem to do with business at all.
When you purchased a home, did your real estate agent give you a house-warming present? When your baby was born, did your insurance company send you a gift? Or perhaps your doctor gave you a baby blanket? These are all ways that businesses take the initiative to make a personal connection. Suddenly, what you provide becomes more than a product or service transaction—it’s a genuine relationship.
Making a Genuine Connection
A thoughtful gift shows your customers that you are about more than just transactions. You are a company made up of real people who genuinely care about the individuals they interact with. You can show your clients that it’s not just about the bottom line; it’s about their happiness and satisfaction.
When you recognize the events that occur in your customers’ lives, you go above and beyond the service they expect. You box up a dose of sympathy or celebration and send them on their way feeling like a VIP. Why would they go somewhere that treats them like everyone else when they can go to your business and feel seen, heard, and valued?
When a customer feels appreciated or believes they are receiving exclusive benefits, they develop feelings of trust and loyalty for your company. They know they can expect excellent service because you’ve already delivered it.
When to Send a Customer Appreciation Gift
You can send a customer appreciation gift in response to a planned schedule or event, but there are plenty of other opportunities to build a relationship.
Many companies have designated customer appreciation sales and promotions at a specific time of year. Others host exclusive annual events that are open only to their clients. You can also make it more personal and send a customer appreciation gift on special occasions.
For example, show you care about their “regular life” by celebrating a birthday, engagement, wedding, or promotion. Or mark an anniversary with your business—say the day you helped them buy their home. You can express sympathy for a client’s injury, illness, and if you hear about the death of a loved one. Or you can simply express gratitude for your business relationship.
Gift Ideas to Show Appreciation
The type of gift you send may depend on several factors such as the type of company you run, the types of clients/customers you interact with, or your budget. Fortunately, there are various client appreciation gift ideas for everyone.
As a realtor or real estate company, you’re helping people make what is probably the largest financial transaction of their lives. Thank them for their trust in you and help them enjoy their new home. Client appreciation gift ideas can include:
- Housewarming care package (Our own moving-box friendly meal of soup, rolls, cookies, plus a home design coffee table book)
- Cooking utensils, mixing bowls
- Ingredients for their first meal or basic pantry staples
- Plants, flower seeds, vegetable seeds, an herb growing kit, gardening gloves, trowel
- Gift cards to a home decor store
- Special treats, such as chocolate-covered strawberries or s’mores supplies (including roasting sticks!)
- Dish towels, dish soap, hand soap, sponges
- Cleaning supplies
- Pancake mix and syrup
- Muffin mixes, muffin pans, and paper liners
- Popcorn with different add-on flavors and a bowl, or gourmet popcorn
- A snow shovel or snow day supplies if you live in a cold climate
- Basket of jam, jelly, honey, flavored syrups, etc. (For an added flair, use locally made or organic products)
- Wine glasses or champagne flutes
Law Firm, Insurance Company, Financial Advisors
Legal and financial issues can be a source of stress for many clients. Show your support both professionally and with a gift that’s personally refreshing.
- Pampering products like bath bombs, lotions, and skincare items
- Create a beautiful basket full of post-its, notepads, pens, magnets, and paperclips. Or simply provide a notepad with your company logo
- A calendar with motivational quotes for each day
- Tickets to a sporting event or concert
- Selfie sticks, phone cases, mousepads, pop-sockets, earbuds, or the latest gadgets
- Water bottles, coffee mugs, or insulated drink sleeves
- Seasonal treats, like a caramel apple kit
- Golf balls, tees, towels, or ball markers
- Calm-inducing candles
- Gift cards for restaurants, movie theaters, or Amazon
- Our homestyle, stress-free meal for the family
Principals, teachers, teacher’s aides, and tutors will love these gift ideas to show appreciation for their hard work with your children.
- Their favorite treat or drink
- Gift cards
- Classroom supplies (teachers often buy their own supplies)
- Stamps or pens for grading papers
- Soothing Tea Trio or cocoa with a personalized mug
Keep your patients happy between visits with gifts and events.
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss
- Patient appreciation events: pool parties, private movie showings, theme park discount days, food truck rally, breakfast with Santa, etc.
- Magnets, pens, notepads
- Drawings for prizes
- Rewards for current patients who refer new patients
Depending on your field of practice, you can thank patients for choosing you in a variety of ways.
- New parent gift basket, complete with our full meal for late-night feedings of every family member!
- Baby blankets, diaper bags, travel containers for diapers and wipes
- Baby necessities basket containing diaper cream, baby shampoo, and other supplies
- Stickers, candy/suckers, coloring books
- Calendars, notepads, pens, pencils
- Encourage reading by giving children a book at well-child visits
- Host wellness events with guest speakers, classes, and healthy cooking demonstrations
Retail customers interact with you a little differently than in some industries, so it makes sense to offer loyalty benefits.
- Free gift with purchase
- Special discount days
- Cardholder rewards programs
- Email promotions
- Early access to sales or new products
- Free shipping
- Free in-store pickup
- Discounts for returning or placing a second order within a specified time frame
- “Cash” earned from purchases that can be used later
- Contests with cash or prizes for the winner(s)
Gift Ideas to Show Appreciation for Staff Members
Remember, it’s not just your clients that keep you in business. You wouldn’t be where you are without your amazing staff. Show them how important they are with a personalized gift on special occasions.
From secretaries to CEOs, there is an appreciation gift idea for everyone. Consider how much you can spend, how much time you need for delivery, and any personal details you know about the recipient, such as allergies or favorite things.
- Gift card with a personal thank you note and birthday wish
- Cupcakes, cookies, etc.
- Personalized cake to share with the whole office
- Decorate their office or cubicle
- Gourmet soup, rolls, and everything else they need for dinner so they don’t have to cook on their birthday
Get Well Gifts
- Popcorn and a Redbox code for a free movie
- Chicken soup with a ladle, sides, and dessert
- Minky blanket (if they’ll be out for an extended period of time)
- Warm fuzzies (soft and soothing hot water bottle with lavender scent)
- Flowers and a card from everyone in the office
- Funeral floral arrangement
- Sympathy soup gift basket
- Restaurant gift cards
- Hire a house cleaning service
- Gift card for a massage or spa
Birth of a Baby
- Baby blanket, clothing, burp cloths
- Gift cards for baby supplies
- Self-care products for the mother
- Diapers, wipes, baby powder, lotion, diaper cream, etc.
- New parent care package with dinner they don’t have to prepare
Save on Appreciation Gifts With a Corporate Account
Spoonful of Comfort provides gourmet soups, rolls, cookies, and more for companies who want to show appreciation to clients, customers, and staff members. We have thoughtful gifts for any season or occasion, so you can plan an entire year of customer appreciation gift ideas if you’d like.
With a corporate account, you’ll get a personal account specialist who will handle all of your needs. You can schedule gift orders in advance so you don’t have to worry about them later. Plus, you can add orders for immediate delivery when unexpected circumstances arise.
Benefits of Spoonful of Comfort Corporate Accounts
In addition to a personal account specialist and easy ordering, you’ll enjoy a number of great benefits when you set up a free Spoonful of Comfort corporate account.
- 15% discount on all orders
- Mailing and gift list management
- Easy bulk ordering using one invoice
- Loyalty program to earn a free package for yourself after 10 orders
- Advanced setup for shipping preferences
- Special holiday packages - Schedule and simplify all your holiday gifts with beautiful packages that may include candles, cozy socks, soup, cookies, cocoa, mugs, and more
- Corporate gift baskets that work for multiple circumstances
Sign up for a completely free Spoonful of Comfort corporate account today to get started sending the most memorable staff, customer, and client appreciation gifts. Reference our extensive list of appreciation gift ideas anytime you need to show someone your gratitude for their hard work or patronage.