When someone you love is sick or going through a hard time, a get well gift can mean the world to them. But it can be hard to know how to help. We have compiled more than 100 great get well gift ideas to help you decide the best way to show you care.
Browse a specific category by clicking on any of the quick links below:
1.Flowers. Flowers brighten a home and bring life to any room. Try your hand at DIY flower arranging to make the act even more thoughtful.
2. Gift basket. Create the perfect DIY gift basket for any occasion by adding a package of items to read, watch, eat, wear, or soothe.
3. Gift box. For a DIY gift box just for grandparents, think about including printed photos, a handwritten letter, and other sentimental items they can appreciate for years to come.
4. Teddy bears. Gift a teddy bear so your loved one will always have a cuddle buddy, or send a Get Well Soon Finger Puppet from Finger Puppets Inc. for something on the smaller scale.
5. Balloons. Add cheer to your loved one’s space with fun and colorful balloons.
6. Letters. Snail mail still has its merits, so get out your stamps and start writing.
7. Handwritten notes. Use some pretty note paper to make your letter extra special.
8. New blanket. Cozying up in a fresh new blanket is the ultimate comfort.
9. Aromatherapy candle. Smell is the strongest sense tied to memory, so your loved one will always associate this gift with your thoughtfulness.
10. Small plants. Choose a houseplant that requires little care for best results.
11. Bath bombs. Bath bombs or bath salts from Old Factory Soap are the ultimate relaxation technique to help your loved one unwind.
12. Shower sprays. For a relaxing, invigorating shower, try Travertine Spa’s steam shower spray.
13. Essential oils/Diffuser. Check out Frankie and Myrrh for ideas on how to cure any number of ailments with the help of essential oils.
14. Adult coloring books. Try gifting a beautiful version from Skyhorse Publishing.
15. New dishes. Eating will be even more enjoyable with beautiful new plates or bowls.
16. Bracelets/Jewelry. For an extra special piece of jewelry, consider a birthstone galaxy charm from Chamilia.
17. New journal. Your loved one may want to record this time of life in a nice journal.
18. Pen and pencil set. While you’re at it with getting a journal, consider adding a pen and pencil set to complete any get well gifts for her.
19. Photo album. Capture happy memories with a high-quality photo album from Album Envy.
20. Digital photo frame. Since printing photos is difficult in today’s digital age, upload them all to a digital photo frame and gift it to someone you love. Or, get the benefits of printing without the hassle by trying a photo printing texting service like NanaGram.
21. Decorative objects. If your loved one has an empty shelf in the house, add to the decor with a luxurious candle, unique sculpture, or other decorative objects.
22. Wreath. Your friend will love greeting guests with a cheery wreath in any season.
23. Comfortable clothing. When lounging around the house for long periods of time, your loved one will feel more comfortable in new sweats or pajamas.
24. Stuffed animals. Comforting stuffed animals are one of the best get well gift ideas after surgery.
25. Sleeping masks. Sleeping masks make for unique get well gifts to help your loved one get some much-needed rest.
26. A painting kit. Painting can be therapeutic when someone is feeling down.
27. Framed inspirational quote. Easily personalize a print with the help of Poster Haste.
28. Relevant holiday decoration. If it’s close to a special holiday, consider gifting seasonal decor.
29. Inspirational calendar. Help a friend get organized and feel inspired with a unique and motivational calendar.
30. Handheld massager. Offer the gift of relaxation with a handheld massager.
31. Warm/Fuzzy socks. Both a slipper and a sock in one, fuzzy socks are the perfect comfort gift.
32. Decorative rocks/stones. Offer a Loving Memory Garden Stone with a personalized message.
33. Netflix/Hulu subscription. Let your loved one have a TV show binge session with a Netflix subscription.
34. Playlist of new music. Your loved one will appreciate the time you spent crafting the perfect playlist on Spotify.
35. Aromatherapy face mask. Who wouldn’t love to hydrate their skin with a fancy face mask?
36. New pillow. Add a silk pillowcase from Sleeping in Silk for the ultimate comfort.
37. Meditation book. Bring a calming spirit to your friend’s life by teaching the art of meditation.
38. Box of aromatherapy soap. Choose a unique scent your friend will love!
39. Basket of household cleaners and sanitizers. Offer a basket of household cleaners to help them stay on top of the messes, and include some fancy products to help them enjoy the process more. We love toxin-free scented sprays.
40. Favorite magazines. Your gift will keep giving all year if you sign up for a magazine subscription on behalf of a friend.
41. Nice lotion. This is a great gift especially in the wintertime, when the air tends to be drier.
42. Incense. Bring in an exotic element with incense from around the world.
43. Fleece shawl or wrap. A girlfriend will love wrapping up in a cozy, wearable fleece.
44. Gift card to favorite drink place. Whether your loved one is a Starbucks junkie or prefers Diet Coke, give the gift of a tasty beverage gift card.
45. Personal heater/heated blanket. If it’s a cold month, a heated blanket will be the best gift you could offer!
46. Favorite book/things to read. Pass on one of your favorite novels, or get creative with a personalized book for adults from I See Me.
47. Audiobooks. Audible has an amazing selection of books that can be downloaded in an instant.
48. Brain teasers, puzzles, & games. Try Alexa-connected travel board games for your ultra-techy friends.
49. Card caddy. For the more traditional non-techy folks try a card caddy from Narrows Hill.
50. Offering yard or housework help. Serve your friend by raking leaves or mowing the lawn.
51. Visit from a pet or animal. Don’t own a furry friend? Rent one for truly memorable get well gifts for him.
52. Nice pair of headphones. If you have a friend or loved one who is into music, pick a nice pair of headphones to give them an even better listening experience. Or you could even try a pair of SleepPhones from AcousticSheep to give them a better night of rest.
53. New ties. Ties are the classic gift for any man, even when they’re feeling under the weather.
54. Boxed coin set. Boxed coins are a great gift for someone who loves vintage items or history.
55. Movies. Keep your loved one entertained with the best new movie on demand.
56. Comic books. Bring a smile to someone’s face with a fun comic book.
57. Decorative mug. A golfer would love a mug in the shape of a golf bag from Golfbeermug.com.
58. Getting organized. You could give the gift of getting organized from Everything In Its Place, if your friend isn’t a big golfer.
59. Jar of hard candies. If your friend has a sore or dry throat, they’ll especially love sucking on some hard candies.
60. New slippers. Quality slippers will last for years and make your loved one think of you every time they wear them.
61. New filtration water bottle. Choose a great filtration water bottle for a fresh way to quench thirst.
62. Favorite movie or superhero shirt. Wax nostalgic by gifting a T-shirt referencing an old movie or superhero.
64. Smartphone handset: A Bluetooth-enabled banana phone will give your friend a laugh while they open it.
65. New watch. You’ll help your friend stay on top of the time with a new wristwatch.
66. Soft robe. Men appreciate a great, cozy robe just as much as women!
67. Backrest pillow. Ease back pain with this convenient pillow.
68. Lapdesk for laptop. Make working from home easier with a lapdesk.
69. Favorite movie character accessories. Pinterest has great inspiration on fun movie character accessories.
70. New fan. Help a loved one cool down with a quality standing fan.
71. Homemade care package. You’ll show extra thought with a unique package of goodies just for the person you love.
72. Custom song. Take things up a notch by creating your own song with the help of Your Song Maker.
73. Custom video. Try a get well video from Vidday to go along with the custom song.
74. Rice heating pads. Soothe sore muscles with a heating pad that can be made at home or purchased.
75. A meal with a movie. Whip up a homemade meal and add a Redbox movie to go with it.
76. Cross stitch. If you’re crafty, make a memorable cross stitch for them to display at home.
77. DIY manicure set. There’s nothing like a fresh manicure to lift someone’s spirits!
78. Knitted scarf or hat. Knit a hat yourself or buy a unique style online.
79. DIY pedicure. Give the perfect DIY gift for her with an at-home pedicure done by you.
80. Offering to walk dog or take care of pet. DIY get well gifts don’t have to be fancy—an act of service will work just fine!
81. Fabric bag filled with treats. Your loved one, friend, or colleague will appreciate the cute packaging in your DIY gifts.
82. DIY card kit with paper and stamps. Help pass the time by offering a fun craft activity.
83. Basket with medicine. Be sure to include hand sanitizer to stop the spread of germs as well. We love this bird-shaped hand sanitizer from Olika.
84. Decorated boxes of facial tissue. Freshen up your loved one’s space with a decorative tissue box cover.
85. Homemade bread and jam. Still looking for the perfect DIY gifts for him? This homemade classic will warm anyone’s heart and fill their belly.
86. Personalized thermos. Your loved one will appreciate the added touch of thoughtfulness when they see their name on their thermos.
87. Gourmet soup. Spoonful Of Comfort offers great-tasting soups that can be conveniently ordered online.
88. Candy. Give someone a high-end taste of the sweet life with ginger caramels from McCrea’s.
89. Tea. Pick out your favorite blend and deliver it with a nice mug. Or, if your friend isn’t a tea lover, try coffee beans from Eleva Coffee.
90. Cheese and crackers. Set up your own platter of assorted items from somewhere like Trader Joe’s.
91. Cookies. You could really make someone feel special with an extra special chocolate chip cookie recipe, made with love.
92. Ice cream. There’s nothing like ice cream to heal any ailment, and you can really impress your loved one by creating a custom ice cream flavor just for them with the help of eCreamery.
93. Fruit. Get creative and mail a microgreens growing kit from a company like Hamama, so your friend can have the ultimate satisfaction of eating something they’ve grown themselves.
94. Nuts. Nuts are a healthy and crunchy treat to keep anyone satiated and happy.
95. Tin of popcorn. Try Chicago popcorn for the ultimate cheddar and caramel combination.
96. Bottle of wine. Personalize the bottle if you really want to go the extra mile!
97. Personalized M&M’s or candy. Your loved one will be surprised to see their initials or a special note on their candy!
98. Baked goods. Chocolate chip cookies are one of the best ways to show someone you care.
99. Assortment of dried fruit. Gourmet dried fruit is a special treat anyone will enjoy.
100. Supply of favorite hot chocolate. If your loved one is a chocolate fan, offer a stash of unique hot chocolate flavors.
101. Favorite pop/soda. Present the soda in a fun basket or other unique presentation style.
102. European chocolate. Because Europeans just do it better.
103. Chocolate dipped fruit. Pick an in-season fruit and go to town!
Now It’s Time To Serve
Now that you’ve read through our list, you’re sure to have found a great get well gift idea for someone you love. You’ll warm their heart and soul with the thoughtful gift you choose to give, especially when it’s in the form of a comforting gourmet soup from Spoonful Of Comfort.
If you found our article helpful or inspiring spread the word and gift-giving spirit with friends and family.
Have some ideas to add to the list? Share them with us below.