Care and coziness are our specialties at Spoonful of Comfort—which is exactly what new homeowners could use during their time of transition. Looking to extend a “Congratulations on your abode,” to a loved one or friend, but aren’t sure the best way to say it? We’ve got plenty of wonderful housewarming gift basket ideas for any new move.
Here are four pro tips for giving a package that’s both pretty and perfect:
- You can buy or DIY any of our housewarming gift basket ideas, so do whichever works best for you.
- Get others to contribute one item apiece to be given together. It’s not required to spend a lot of time or money to express thoughtful care.
- Presentation is everything. Make sure all the pieces make sense together by following a theme—and wrap it all up nicely!
- Personal delivery is great, but housewarming gift basket delivery is a wonderful option if you live far away.
7 Housewarming Gift Basket Ideas
There are a hundred housewarming gift basket ideas out there, but since we have so much experience in the care package sector, we thought we’d pass our knowledge along. Below, we’ve provided seven surefire packages that are:
- Easy to buy or DIY
- Easily customizable
- A treat to receive
Let’s get into it with our housewarming gift basket ideas!
1. Cookies and Cuddles Care Package
Don’t forget the little ones who may find moving to a new house a bit unnerving. A sweet package just for them might be the thing they need right now. A Cookies and Cuddles Care Package includes:
- Delicious cookies
- Cuddle-worthy blanket
- Lavender-filled, warmable stuffed monkey
- Cuddle Monkey book
- A personal notecard from you
2. All-Natural Cleaning Kit
There’s a 100% chance that the items in an all-natural cleaning kit will be put to immediate use. The following earth- and body-friendly supplies from Grove Collaborative make scrubbing hands and house a much more pleasant chore:
- Walnut scrubber sponge
- Seventh Generation disinfectant spray
- Bubble Up dish soap dispenser & brush set
- European dishcloths
- Herbal smudge kit (from Spoonful of Comfort)
- Matte cleaning caddy
3. Plant Parent Package
When it comes to turning a house into a home, the job’s not complete without fresh foliage filling the shelves and corners. For those people who are proud plant parents, how about you add a few more to their brood?
- Variety of botanical tools
- A plant or two (be sure they’re pet-friendly if there’s a furry family member)
- Grow lights
4. Baking Bundle
Putting old kitchen gear in a new space can feel a little anticlimactic, so gifting new gear is a good go-to. Throw in some nice basics and a couple of little luxuries, and you’ll have a happy receiver who knows you care.
- Olivewood pastry tools
- Silpat nonstick boulangerie perforated crisping quarter sheet
- Silicone perfect pie crust mold
- Nielsen-Massey world vanillas
- Copper mixing bowl
5. Peace and Pampering Package
Chances are good that the newly moved-in could use a moment of zen after all the chaos that comes with the packing and unpacking of boxes. Lucky for them, you’ve got just the thing they need. With a Peace and Pampering Package, they’ll get to cozy up with everything listed below:
- Cozy throw blanket
- Comfy socks
- Pure goat milk hand cream and lip balm
- Soothing tea trio
- Lavender and eucalyptus Candle of Calm
- Relaxing coloring book and colored pencils
- Comfort Has Met Its Matches
- A personal notecard from you
6. Welcome to the Neighborhood Basket
Make a new neighbor feel ever-so-welcome with various gifts customized for the community they are just getting to know. This makes for a perfect DIY gift basket.
- List of important contacts (including yours!)
- Made-in-(name of new city) gift
- Gift card to the best cinema in town
- An open invitation to take them to lunch at a local restaurant
- Welcome doormat
7. Home Sweet Home Housewarming Package
Spoonful of Comfort’s Housewarming Package is everything any new homeowner would dream of receiving after their big move. Nostalgic comfort foods and thoughtful optional add-on items are just right for settling into any nest in this upgraded version of a traditional housewarming gift basket.
Included in this bundle:
- Delicious soup like you’d make at home
- Broccoli cheddar
- Chicken and wild rice
- Chicken noodle
- Creamy corn and potato
- Garden vegetable
- Italian wedding
- Tomato basil
- Artisan rolls
- Neighborly cookie options
- Chocolate chip
- Oatmeal raisin
- Triple chocolate chunk
- Display-worthy ladle
- Coffee table book
- Cozy comfort throw
- Apple caramel crumb pie
- Marionberry lattice pie
- Pecan with chocolate drizzle pie
Show your love with a care package gift basket from Spoonful of Comfort for new homeowners, old neighbors, and far-away friends!