Some people seem to know exactly what to get their loved ones for every birthday and special occasion. They have a magic way of understanding exactly what each person wants, and how to make them feel as special as possible at just the right moment.
Unfortunately, not everyone has a “gift” for gifting. Many of us struggle to plan out the perfect present, no matter how well we know the person. While you could always throw some money in a birthday card, most of us agree that’s a pretty boring (and impersonal) option for a gift.
Fortunately, there’s an alternative. When in doubt, we say Cookies! They’re a classic birthday treat that’s always a win.
What makes cookies a great birthday gift?
Everyone loves cookies. It doesn’t matter if you’re choosing a gift for your grandma or your boyfriend, you can rest assured a delicious cookie will bring a smile to their face. Even the smell of freshly-baked cookies is enough to turn any day around for most of us.
Cookies are the ultimate treat for a birthday celebration for several reasons:
- There’s endless variety: You can choose from peanut butter cookies, sugar cookies with vanilla frosting, lemon cookies with cream cheese, or classic chocolate chip cookies. No matter the preference of your intended recipient, there’s a cookie they’re sure to love.
- They’re easy to customize: You can even create custom cookies specific to the person you’re buying for. For instance, you could have letter-shaped cookies that spell out “Happy Birthday” or cookies in the shapes of footballs for your football-mad father.
- They’re shareable: Cookies allow for meaningful birthday moments with loved ones. Everyone can sit down and enjoy a cookie together, making the experience more memorable.
Plus, cookies are highly adaptable to suit any person’s dietary needs. If you know your loved one has a tree nut or peanut allergy, you can avoid those ingredients. There are even cookies that can cut out dairy entirely if your recipient is lactose intolerant.
How Can I Make A Birthday More Special With Cookies?
One of the reasons why cookies are such a great choice for any situation is they’re extremely versatile. Not only are there endless flavor options to choose from, but there are plenty of ways to customize your cookies to make them more special.
Some of the best ways to upgrade your cookie gift include:
- Creating a cookie cake: Switch the standard birthday cake out for some delicious cookie dough. While cake loses its appeal quickly, birthday cookies can last for days. This means your loved one can continue to enjoy the experience for longer. You can even serve your cookie cake with ice cream and matching, smaller cookies.
- Make the cookies yourself: It’s pretty easy to create your own cookies at home if you have the time. All you need is some basic ingredients like powdered sugar, salt, eggs, and flour. You can also add various ingredients based on your gift recipients’ tastes, like peanuts, sprinkles, and fudge chunks. Make it extra fun and decorate cookies together! (We offer limited-edition cookie decorating kits from time to time. Keep your eye on Spoonful of Comfort for fun seasonal boxes.)
- Make the cookies together: Turn your birthday gift into a memorable activity with your loved one by baking your cookies together. You can get cookie-making kits, including all the dry ingredients you need, chocolate chips, and instructions. That means all you need to do is add the wet ingredients and decorate! You can even use a cookie sheet and parchment paper to shape your cookies.
- Give a variety of different cookies: You could consider using various boxes of birthday cookie comforts to impress your loved one with various flavors. This is an excellent way to ensure your friend or family member doesn’t get bored of one option. Alternatively, you could buy a bunch of different cookies and give them out to everyone who attends your loved one’s birthday party.
- Create a birthday box: Build the ultimate birthday gift with a box packed full of your loved one’s favorite things. Aside from delicious cookies, you could also include a birthday cake cookie, some drinks, and a few little items, like a new pair of socks, or a comfy blanket for your friend or family member to snuggle up under while they eat.
How to Create a Cookie-Themed Birthday Gift Basket
Everyone can appreciate a box of birthday cookies, but for the ultimate cookie lover, you could even take the gift one step further. Rather than just buying cookies as a birthday gift, create an entire hamper themed around your loved one’s favorite treats.
You could combine various boxes of your friend or family member’s favorite cookies with a cookie-themed birthday cake, and various fantastic baking goods. For instance, you might include a customized rolling pin, a set of oven gloves, a baker’s hat, and a baking sheet.
You might even include various ingredients for when they want to bake their own cookies from scratch. For instance, you could have adorable jars filled with brown sugar, white sugar, and baking powder, tubs filled with milk and white chocolate chips, and sprinkles too!
A cookie-themed gift basket could even be a perfect option for a corporate gift if you’re struggling for ideas on what to give your employees this year.
What kind of cookie care packages does Spoonful deliver?
While baking cookies from scratch for a birthday party could be a great option for people with plenty of time on their hands, there is an alternative if you’re not the best in the kitchen. Ahem, we know a few outstanding bakers who can help. Spoonful of Comfort offers a range of cookie-themed boxes for every occasion.
There are boxes of birthday cookies where you can choose all the favorite flavors of your loved one, including chocolate chip, triple chocolate chunk, and pumpkin chocolate chip! Plus, Spoonful allows you to add some extra bonus gifts into the parcel too, such as a pair of cozy socks, a bracelet, or some delicious tea bags.
When you’re struggling to find the right idea for your loved one’s birthday, it’s hard to go wrong with a delicious batch of freshly baked comfort.