Good friends seem to know exactly what to say, how to listen, and how to make you feel a little better with a Thinking of You Package during a difficult time. And sometimes, knowing exactly what to say means sharing words of inspiration from people who just might have things figured out a bit more than we do.
That’s why we love passing along these day-brightening quotes— from making someone laugh to reminding them that they’ve got what it takes, we’ve got something for everyone in need of a brighter day.
1. “As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to happen.”
– Winnie the Pooh
Wise words from everyone favorite bear and perfect to share when a friend is venturing on to a new unfamiliar road.
2. “If I had a power color, it would definitely be sparkle."
- Landon Brinkley
We love sending this mantra to a friend who is battling “imposter syndrome” or finally daring to embrace their unique ability to sparkle.
3. To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “Life is a party. Dress for it.”
– Audrey Hepburn
5. God has perfect timing, and it's highly possible that by not being where you thought you should be, you will end up exactly where you're meant to go.
- Rachel Hollis
A gentle reminder that life's unexpected detours can often lead to stunning destinations.
6. “Sometimes the bravest and most important thing you can do is just show up.”
- Brene Brown
Any quote from Brene Brown helps us feel confident and empowered, so maybe share this quote and then send along one of her books as well.
7. "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." -
— Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
We all encounter moments of darkness, but we love this reminder to let the light in - even when things feel hard.
8. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
- Mae West
9. "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
- Marilyn Monroe
10. Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!
- Dr. Suess
Want to brighten Dad or Mom's day? Take a stroll on over to our healthy serving of Mother's Day quotes or help yourself to a sampling of our fun Father's Day quotes & sayings.